WHAT TO EXPECT
At Miller Financial Design, we strongly believe in the power of individual choice.
After all, it was that same power that founded our firm!
When you go to a big financial professional with a famous Wall Street name, you do not necessarily get that choice. While many big-name firms offer quality products and services, the ones that their financial professionals can offer you are often chosen by a big corporation. That choice is made by people who do not know you, and they often impose sales quotas on the financial professional helping you.
In other words, your investment choices are often limited, and there may be hidden agendas. We do not think that is the right way to do business.
Here is what we think is the right way to do business:
The firm's commitment to you:
- Care for clients in the way we would want for ourselves. We founded Miller Financial Design to be the kind of place where we would want to be clients, if we did not already work here! We want to be respected, informed, and heard. We do not expect our clients to demand any less.
- Know our clients and their goals. We understand that investing is more than just a numbers game. There is emotion involved as well. People assign different values to money and approach investing and insuring for many reasons. The so-called best investments are not necessarily the best for everyone. When we first get to know each other, we will ask you a lot of questions so that we can learn about you as a person, and we will tailor your investments and insurance accordingly. We want to be just as excited about your dreams as you are.
- Treat clients like people, not like portfolio balances. One thing you will notice about our firm is that we are friendly. Down to earth. Good listeners. Having been in the business a long time, we have encountered a mix of attitudes—and a whole lot of market cycles (both good and bad!). We have gained a lot of perspective that can help keep you on an even keel through the ups and downs.
- Give clients the strength to feel confident about their decisions. You do not have to know the difference between a REIT and a CRUT when you come to see us. We are happy to explain it to you if you are curious. If you are not, that is okay, too. Some clients want to take more of a hands-on role in the planning process; others want nothing to do with it. Either way, our goal is to make sure you sleep easy at night, secure in the knowledge that your money is working effectively for you.
- Practice time-tested financial approaches. At Miller Financial Design we follow prudent financial principles. We treat your money responsibly. As your needs or financial picture changes, we will work with you to adjust your course of action accordingly. We monitor your portfolio's performance so you do not have to worry.
- You will know up front how we will collaborate with you as a client.
- You will receive a clear description of services and all fees connected with that service in writing.
- We will ask you questions about your family history and all current issues affecting your situation and your desired lifestyle.
- We will provide personal consideration for your individual investment and insurance preferences.
- We will have a willingness to work with other professionals with whom you associate.
- We will provide guidance on philanthropic efforts, particularly when it comes to developing a financial giving strategy.
- We will provide a regular check-in to help you stay on track with your plan.
- We will bring new investment opportunities to your attention.
- We will bring new risk protection and tax saving strategies to your attention.
- We will share in your community interests and include you in activities that you may find interesting and educational.